Monday Morning Movie (P)Reviews: The Next Couple Of Months


Since taking on my new title of, "Babydaddy" I haven't gotten out to the theater as much as I'm used to. But from what I can tell, outside of Tropic Thunder, I haven't really missed that much. I must say though, looking in to the next few months of releases, there couldn't be a better time for me to take a sabbatical from cinema. For those of you who may have blown through your Economic Stimulus Check already, here's a helping hand in saving you $20 a week for the next 2 months. Put it towards your HELOC for Christ's sake.

Disaster Movie: Opening a "comedy" about disasters on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina? Savvy. Maybe next year you can do an Airplane! remake on 9/11. Box office gold!

Babylon A.D.: More like Babylon (Straight to) D.V.D. Zing!

Bangkok Dangerous: Nick Cage Hair Watch, Defcon 5. Retreat to shelter immediately, keep suicide pill handy.

Righteous Kill: Pacino! Di Nero! 50 Cent! From the director of "Fried Green Tomatoes"! When I think about this I get the same feeling as when I think about a claw hammer getting brought up swiftly in to the soft, under part of a jaw.

Lakeview Terrace: Terrorized by a black neighbor!! The nightmare scenario we've all dreamed of comes to life on the big screen. This movie will fare so well that it will spark a rash of "me-too" movies, like "Asian Chauffeur", "Audited By The Jews" and "Women In Charge!"

Eagle Eye: I spy with my eagle eye, a movie that's half as entertaining as "The Net" and "Enemy of the State" combined!

Beverly Hills Chihuahua: This one may actually be good. Or, at least as good as the last Indiana Jones movie.

No comments: