The Pink Mist.


I was on my way to meet up with Seth for a skate session this morning, nothing out of the ordinary, except for the fact that people were driving like assholes more than usual. It got me a little perturbed, and I noticed my driving get a little more aggro. It's about a 30 minute drive from my house to the park, and I made it to the freeway in record time, due mostly to my weaving in and out of traffic rather than my "pick and stick" lane philosophy. By the time I got to the freeway, I was looking forward to really picking up the pace. There was an older Ford F-Somethingorother in the left lane of the on ramp, and just as I went to step on the gas to pull ahead of him on to the freeway something exploded in front of his truck. More accurately, something exploded ON TO his truck. A deer. I watched in mental Matrix-vision the instantly demolished carcass of the animal spin off of his vehicle, over the hood of mine, spraying blood all over my windshield, and roll on to the shoulder. It was a WTF moment of epic proportions. I briefly wondered if I was required to pull over, but the truck seemed to be no more worse for wear, and it wasn't like the deer was going to sue, so I kept on driving. Right to a car wash. I don't know where this animal came from, we were by no means in or around anything that could be classified as "wilderness", but I won't be nearly as aggressive in being first on to the freeway for a while.

1 comment:

Dustin Ortiz said...

WHAT!

thats insane. the craziest story i've heard in a while.

you totally should have left all the deer blood on your car