Watchmen premiers tonight at midnight, and my brother and his friends decided (appropriately) to dress up for the movie. Duncan, my brother, went as Dr. Manhattan, who, spend most of the movie nude. There are like, three, frames in the comic that he appears in a suit and tie, but any true nerd would go as he is seen throughout the rest of the books. Hence, Duncan faithfully ordered latex body paint online (natch) and went wearing the least amount of clothing allowed by the theater. Granted, my brother's physique is that of a plucked chicken, and the blue paint came out a bit...aqua, but nevertheless, I am extremely proud. Better that than to show up as some kind of "Tom Selleck Rorschach in drag" as one of the less committed nerds did. As soon as he saw my brother, he updated his Facebook status to: "...is getting pwned at the Watchmen premier." Shouldn't have made your costume in the dark, dude.
I'll be going with TJ to the movie on Saturday morning. I'm still trying to get him to get him to blue himself. Wait...
No comments:
Post a Comment