Mr. Postman.


The mail is highly underrated. In these times of "pokes" and "MyFace" the subtle joy of receiving something unexpectedly in your mailbox has become lost. When I made my bi-weekly trip to pick up my pre-approved credit card offers and copies of "Fit Pregnancy" (I guess you have to tell them when you have your baby so they'll get off your ass), I noticed a large brown envelope. It was decorated in drawings, and colorful stamps, and the postage was an Eames. Without looking, I knew it was from Dustin. He's sent us postcards before. Blank on the back, usually, but the card itself is always well thought out. You just see it, and know that it's from him. This package was meant to guilt trip me for not coming to see his new house yet. I know, because the hand-screened note paper on the inside told me.


He also included a handful of Gocco Prints, buttons, and stickers. He made all of them. Crafty devil. He also made one more thing, my day. Cue the happy music, fade to black.

No comments: