There're not a lot of areas in Utah that you really have to watch your back, the areas that you do however, are all located in Ogden. I try to avoid going in to Ogden at all, and if I must, only before dark. Once the sun goes down, the crazies all get a blood-lust that can only be described as "primal". As I finished my business in Ogden today around 5:00pm, my pulse began to quicken, the sun beginning it's decent behind the skyline. Just as I was about to jump in my car and hightail it out of dodge as quick as I could, this sign caught my eye. It's easy to fall trap to these "retro 50's" style diners, one that I went to in Ireland called,"Eddie Rockets" was the equivalent of Elvis' reanimated corpse puking in to my mouth. This one had an air of legitimacy though. I think it was the handmade marquee style sign. My fears of getting a sharpened screwdriver to the eye was overpowered by my love for chocolate shakes. As I went in, the place's street cred went up about 50 points, because they had a vintage pinball machine (free play!), and it wasn't a diner as much as a straight up ice cream parlor. Chocolate shake (Martin and Lewis with Hot Fudge) for $3.50, worth every red cent. Made it out of town too with all my limbs intact. Win/Win. Please keep the Daniel Plainview jokes to a minimum. TIA!
"Pop's" a Boner.
There're not a lot of areas in Utah that you really have to watch your back, the areas that you do however, are all located in Ogden. I try to avoid going in to Ogden at all, and if I must, only before dark. Once the sun goes down, the crazies all get a blood-lust that can only be described as "primal". As I finished my business in Ogden today around 5:00pm, my pulse began to quicken, the sun beginning it's decent behind the skyline. Just as I was about to jump in my car and hightail it out of dodge as quick as I could, this sign caught my eye. It's easy to fall trap to these "retro 50's" style diners, one that I went to in Ireland called,"Eddie Rockets" was the equivalent of Elvis' reanimated corpse puking in to my mouth. This one had an air of legitimacy though. I think it was the handmade marquee style sign. My fears of getting a sharpened screwdriver to the eye was overpowered by my love for chocolate shakes. As I went in, the place's street cred went up about 50 points, because they had a vintage pinball machine (free play!), and it wasn't a diner as much as a straight up ice cream parlor. Chocolate shake (Martin and Lewis with Hot Fudge) for $3.50, worth every red cent. Made it out of town too with all my limbs intact. Win/Win. Please keep the Daniel Plainview jokes to a minimum. TIA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wouldn't it be a Martin and Lewis with either Amos or Andy?
Post a Comment