When in Rome...


Did a massive shop tour today, seeing every kind of retailer, from Japanese skate shop to sketchy gray marketer. These guys sell everything: toilet paper, mattresses, Louie Vuitton, and it's all on four floors of merchandising nightmares. Seriously. Look at the picture below and imagine trying to take stock of anything here. Now I know why the Japanese invented Seppuku.


I wish I had a pedometer on this trip, because I am sure I've logged well over 20 miles walking so far. After we hoofed it around all day, we were treated to a little karaoke action at Shidax Village. Karaoke in Japan is like soccer in, I don't know, everywhere but America. They take that shit seriously. Nixon had a whole floor of this place rented out, so there were at least 15 separate rooms to rock your ass off in. Plus you can order drinks by remote. We were fortunate enough to hook up with the Japanese distributor, Sahn, who showed us what karaoke is all about. It was even enough to get Jake up there and sing. My best Kelly Clarkson hasn't been able to do that.

Shidax, Committed to Karaoke

Getting after it with the locals.

You always remember your first time.

Andy, Nixon President.

No comments: