Tokyo: The Monkey Highlights.


With the Nixon meeting over with and Nate, Jake and my significant others in town, it was time to do "touristy" side of Tokyo. This, unbeknown to me, would involve monkeys! As if you needed any more reason to love the randomness of Japan. The monkey's handler didn't speak a lick of English throughout their performance, but some things, like enthusiasm, cross all borders. She was basically screaming at the top of her lungs, while the monkey walked (and jumped!) on stilts, did gymnastics, and looked like an all around badass.


Oh yeah, there was a 333 meter TV tower that we went up and looked out at picturesque panoramas of this pearl of the Pacific, but a MONKEY, that's something to see.



Seeing the shit out of that monkey really worked up an appetite, so we ate at the Tokyo Curry Lab. When I was a kid, my favorite things usually had the word "lab" or "kit" in them. In fact, the things I wanted most in the world up until I was 10 or so was a "Chemistry Lab" and a "Disguise Kit". I never got either. But I did get to get a plate full of deliciousness in a restaurant that looks about 10 years too futuristic. I'm surprised there wasn't a single pill on the plate that was labeled, "Curry". Best meal so far.



No comments: