
Don't get me wrong, I know this movie's going to be shitty. In my justice system, all movies are shitty until proven otherwise, but this is significant because the original Robocop was the first "R" rated movie I ever saw. It was the heady summer of my third grade year, my Mom was out of town, and my Dad rented it for us to watch over the weekend. I remember feeling like it was a big milestone, even back then. My life would never be the same. Swears, violence, partial nudity, all these things were just schoolyard tales recounted by my friends who had HBO. But no more. I was now a man. This one will probably be "PG-13" though, you know, to attract a bigger audience. We can't have kids sneaking in to an "R" rated movie, just think of how they might turn out.
No comments:
Post a Comment