Pimpin' Ain't Easy.

You may have seen the phrase, "Pimpin' Ain't Easy." on a T-shirt at Target, or heard it awkwardly used in response to getting rejected at a bar on "Tequila Tuesday". But I, like most out there, took it at face value, never exploring it's meaning. "The Bees Knees" is another phrase that I use (almost daily) but have no idea what it actually means, never mind why bees knees are so damn special in the first place. So I decided to give pimpin' a try. Let me tell you, this is by no means some antiquated 18th Century piece of folk wisdom. Pimpin', by and large is one of the hardest and most time consuming thing you will ever do. First of all, I had no clue how many things in my life I had allowed to go un-pimped. My ride was one of the only things that I had successfully pimped, which was a relief, because if I had to do that on top of everything else, I never would have gotten anything done.
My MySpace, laptop, and snacks all had to be pimped, and I hadn't even considered my Vespa! It took about three months, but I finally pimped every last thing in my life. Until I forgot the one thing that mattered most, my satellite dish! "You moron!" I screamed, "You pimped your grandmother's dialysis machine, but not your satellite dish?!?" Thank the Lord for these innovators, because $100 and 6-8 weeks for shipping later, my pimpin' quest was complete. Now when I hear someone throw around the phrase, "Pimpin' ain't easy." I have to inform them, "Brother, you ain't kiddin'!"

No comments: