Best of Salt Lake



For both of the people reading this, I wanted to share a bit of happy news. For the most part, Salt Lake Looks like the above photo to the casual tourist, and if I may disparage my own surroundings, for the most part it's true. For some reason, it's like a business can't be successful here unless there are 600 other stores exactly like it across the country. But lately there have been a few beacons of hope in an otherwise franchise heavy state. Lucky Pirate and Ten are great examples of this, but my favorite so far has to be Frosty Darling. The store is owned and opperated by a girl named Gentry Blackburn, who I must say is the most poised person I have ever met in my life. When was the last time you noticed how good someone's posture was? When was the last time it was good enough to care? That's her. Plus her store concept is off the fucking charts, art, home decor, accessories, and wait for it...dimestore candy and a DART TOSS BEHIND THE COUNTER. That's right. The next time you're in Pottery Barn, about to drop $100 for a "couple of new sconces" for the office, ask yourself, "When I pay for this, will they let me throw darts at baloons for prizes?" No? Well then, fuck them and their sconces! Go buy a homemade pillow with traditional tattoo art in felt on it from her and maybe you'll win a moustache comb AND a fake moustache to use it on.

Frosty Darling's Webpage Has Better Posture Than Me

No comments: